Today, within the framework of events dedicated to the Year of Science in the Republic of Belarus, at the International Sakharov Environmental Institute of Belarusian State University started the VII International Scientific Conference of Young Scientists, Post-graduates, Magistrates, Students «Actual Environmental Problems» held in English.
The conference is held with the financial support of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus, UE «Coca-Cola Beverages Belarus», information support of the UNESCO Chair «Radiation and Environmental Management», project Tempus «Human security».
The conference was attended by the representatives from:
- Belarusian State University (Faculty of Geography, Faculty of Physics, ISEI BSU);
- Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics;
- Belarusian National Technical University;
- Belarusian State Medical University;
- Polessky State University;
- Republican Scientific and Practical Center for Transfusiology and Medical Biotechnologies;
- RSPC Oncology and Medical Radiology. N.N. Alexandrova;
- Institute of Microbiology of the National Academy of Sciences;
- Soligorsk Central District Hospital;
- The Scientific and Practical Center of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus for Livestock;
- Polesskiy Agrarian Environmental Institute of National Academy of Sciences;
- Belarusian Research Center «Ecology»;
- Private Unitary Enterprise «Framework»;
- Sensotronika” Ltd;
- Gymnasium №43, Minsk;
- The Scientific and Practical Center of the State Committee of Forensic Expertise of the Republic of Belarus;
- National Anti-Doping Laboratory;
- The Scientific and Practical Center of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus for Livestock.
Also among the participants of the econference were representatives of the near and far abroad from:
- Belgrade University (Republic of Serbia);
- Obninsk Institute of Nuclear Power Engineering (Obninsk, Russian Federation);
- Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (Dubna, Russian Federation).
Today the following sections were working at the conference:
- Section 1
“Social, ecological, ethical and pedagogical problems in accordance with the ideas of A.D. Sakharov. Climate change and sustainable development, renewable energy and energy conservation.»
- Section 2
- Section 3
“Problems of modern ecological safety (bio-monitoring, bio-indication, bioremediation, radioecology and radiation safety, environmental monitoring management and audit, information systems and technologies in ecology)”.
- Section 4 (poster section).
More than 200 people took part in the conference.